Tuesday, August 17, 2010

What do you think of naming the baby the IV?

My wife is having our first baby in January.





If we have a girl (we find out the gender Wednesday) we have settled on Victoria Elizabeth after her maternal grandmother and my maternal grandmother.





However, if it is a boy, we haven't decided yet. My grandfather was Sr., my father was Jr., and I am the III.





What do you think about naming the baby the IV like "John William Smith IV?"





On one hand it seems pretentious, but on the other hand, it seems like we are almost obligated to use the name.





What do you think?

What do you think of naming the baby the IV?
i personally do not like juniors, etc. i believe in giving a child his own unique identity. there are so many wonderful names to choose from. i understand how you feel, so it is a tough decision.


Good luck.
Reply:No dear. Please give the baby his own name. Everyone deserves to be unique and have their own identity. I just never liked the naming after the father. Maybe just switch the 2 names.... William John is nice.


Plus, I know of legal problems people have had with having the same names. Some had bad credit issues and affected the ones with good credit, and it was a big ol' mess.




schoolsmartial arts

No comments:

Post a Comment